Disponible en Español
Election of the Board of Governors 2021-2023
On May 20, 2021, the representatives of the Associated entities that constituted the quorum to hold the meeting of the Assembly of the Center for Latin American Monetary Studies (CEMLA), which was previously convened by the Board of Governors, met by videoconference. Representatives of 22 Associated entities attended the meeting.
The Assembly elected the new Board of Governors, which will be in office from May 2021 to May 2023. The Board is formed by the distinguished Messrs:
1. Miguel Ángel Pesce, President of the Banco Central de la República Argentina;
2. Cleviston Haynes, Governor of the Central Bank of Barbados;
3. Roberto Campos, President of the Banco Central do Brasil;
4. Pablo Hernández de Cos, Governor of the Banco de España;
5. Alejandro Díaz de León Carrillo, Governor of the Banco de México;
6. Leonardo Ovidio Reyes Ramírez, President of the Banco Central de Nicaragua; and,
7. Leonardo Villar Gómez, General Manager of the Banco de la República (Colombia).
The Members of the Board of Governors of CEMLA elected Dr. Leonardo Villar Gómez, General Manager of Banco de la República (Colombia), to chair the Board. It is a pleasure to once again count on his outstanding leadership as Chairman of our Board of Governors.
The Board Members invited, as special consultants, the Federal Reserve Board and the Bank of Canada to join CEMLA’s Board.